Monday, December 22, 2014

Gotham Academy #3


How many days of detention do you get for burning down the Cobblepot Family Crypt?

Apparently Olive was the only kid discovered in the burning crypt. The Cult of the Bat members hid when the bucket brigade arrived. And Maps probably found a tunnel down to level two where she killed three orcs and found a magic dagger. So now Olive gets to spend time in detention with the kid she busted for selling whatever he was selling last issue. I can't be expected to remember trivial details across all fifty two plus comics I read every month. Can I? Maybe that's all that's expected of me! Shit. I'd better start taking this comic book reading thing seriously.

No wait. I'll take it seriously when it provides a paycheck! Until then, I'm just going to goof off as I read them.

The Cult of the Bat were in the middle of summoning the ghost of Millie Jane Cobblepot when Olive interrupted their ritual and stole the Diary of Millie Jane. The spirit was supposed to be bound to the book but now it's roaming the school. What kinds of classes do ghosts take? Home Necronomics?


How many issues until they kiss?

Heathcliff arrives and Pom storms off because he isn't paying enough attention to her. I think Pomeline might suffer from low self esteem! So that relationship drama is happening when Kyle arrives and insists that he and Olive need to talk. I feel like instead of typing this, I should be sitting at a long bench at the roller rink sipping a soda and eating nachos and blabbing it to all of my closest friends. And then a couples dance would come on and I'd look nervously over at the girl I have a crush on but then be too nervous to ask her to skate with me. Then some other asshole would ask her and she'd look over at me as if I should have asked but then she still heads out to the rink holding his hand and I just die a million little deaths watching them skate together.

Olive reveals to Kyle that her mom was in the Arkham Asylum collapse (although she's vague about the hospital to Kyle (but then who hasn't heard about the "hospital" that collapsed last summer (although this is Gotham, so buildings are probably collapsing all the time))) and now her mom is in a coma and the doctors don't believe she'll ever wake up. So now Olive is a bit lost and feeling alone and can't really think about dating right now. But I bet she has time to hunt down some ghosts with Poms and Maps!

The girls once again see the glowing eyes in the North Hall while out on a g-g-g-g-ghost stakeout later hat night. It's finally time to break into the North Hall! Just like we knew was going to happen when Hammer Head demanded they stay away from it! But Poms, Maps, and Olive need some help breaking in. Time to recruit another member to the team!


Oh my crap! They're all so fucking adorable!

Once inside the North Hall, Olive realizes she's been inside before. She remembers a fire, and a Batman. The group find a hole in the foundation and inside the hole...a m-m-m-m-monster!


It's probably just Killer Croc. He's a total pushover.

Gotham Academy #3 Rating: +1 Ranking. Everybody should be reading this comic book because I don't want it to be canceled because Maps Mizoguchi is just the most adorable character ever created and if you comic book fans kill this comic book by not purchasing it and relegate Maps to DC Limbo, I will hunt you all down and tsk-tsk you right in your faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment