Saturday, September 5, 2015

Harley Quinn #19



Even though this is a continuation of Amanda and Jimmy's Popeye Fan-Fiction, I still spent $3.99 on it. What made them think a Popeye parody was what the world currently needed? I bet it was Scotch!

The entire Gang of Harleys have been kidnapped by Popeye and taken out to sea. So now Harley has teamed up with Poison Ivy, Tony, and Egg Fu to rescue them. Also, Harley's beaver seems to have made a cock friend.


Get it? His name's Mike Cock!

Harley's plan is to use the Shit Launcher to launch her over Popeye's boat and parachute in to the rescue. She's leaving her beaver behind with Poison Ivy for safe keeping.


This parody needs more Alice the Goon.

Popeye is stricken with a terrible case of e. coli from eating raw, unwashed sea spinach that was probably covered in seahorse manure. He rushes off to shit himself as Harley unties her gang. Some other stuff takes place back on the mainland but I don't think it's worth mentioning. It's not like Poison Ivy fucks anybody or anything.

Popeye returns in his skivvies bigger and stronger than ever. But just before the big fight takes place, the Harley Quinntuplets's mom comes Scatapulting out of the sky with an AK-47. That was part of the mainland stuff not worth mentioning. At least not until now when she parachutes down to save the day.

Popeye survives being riddled with bullets but it seems he's finally out of spinach and the Harleys are able to tie him up. I guess he's off to Vegetable Rehab for awhile.

During the cartoon, Harley finds out that the Harley Quinntuplets are only fourteen years old. And since she has a better sense of doing the right thing than Batman, she sends them back home with their mother.

Harley gets her next job from Sy Borgman.


I hope she teams up with Blue Devil and Black Lightning while in Los Angeles.

Harley Quinn #19 Rating: No change. Early on when I began this blog with four months worth of New 52 comic books purchased over the last week of December 2011, I was trying to do three or four entries a day to catch up. A lot of those blog entries were short summaries like this one. Once I caught up and I realized other people were reading this blog, I began to feel obligated to really flesh out the entries. But now I've realized that I when I don't have anything to really say, I can go back to the short summaries as long as I make this final thoughts review section interesting because now I'm reblogging just this final bit as well as the entire commentary! Which doesn't help this time because I filled up all of this space with nonsense when I should have been pointing out how Harley Quinn #19 is exactly what you've come to expect from Conner and Palmiotti and Hardin. If you liked previous issues, you'll like this one too. And if you didn't like previous issues, why the hell did you buy this issue? Are you a Popeye fan or something?

No comments:

Post a Comment