Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Lois and Clark #4


Why do adult coloring books have so many fiddly bits to fill in? Shouldn't it be the opposite? Kids have more time to fill in this shit! Adult coloring books should have fewer areas to color!

Rating: +1 Ranking.

This is the best Superman comic book currently being published by DC Comics and it isn't because it's starring Preboot Superman. I just want to put that out there before all of the New 52 haters make an inaccurate correlation. It's also the best written Superman comic book despite being written by Dan Jurgens! I didn't mean that as an insult to Dan Jurgens. I mean, not really. Maybe I shouldn't have said it like that. Anyway, Dan Jurgens tends to write comic books as if he's stuck in 1986. Perhaps that helps when writing this comic book about an older Clark and Lois who remember a time and place different than the one they've found themsevles in. Jurgens is a competent writer but one that I don't generally expect to write a story which will become one of my all-time favorites.

I hate that that still sounds like an insult! I'm sure Dan is somebody's favorite writer! Is his mom still alive?

Dammit! I have too many comic book enemies as it is (okay, actually just one, apparently)! I don't want Dan to feel bad because I can't stop saying shit that sounds insulting! Oh, who am I kidding? He'll never read this anyway! I could probably kick his dog with words and he'd never have to shed any tears over it. Not that I'd kick a dog with words! Maybe I'd kick a dog owner with words. Some of those people are just awful!

Anyway, now that I've complimented Dan, I want to offer a criticism! Get rid of Jon! I fucking hate that kid! Always asking questions as if he's the son of reporters or something. Ugh! He's just awful and annoying! I hope Blanque kills him next issue.

As an aside--because this has already gone on so long, I might as well make it longer--the brother from Charles in Charge started following me on Twitter. Now I'm going to have the theme song stuck in my head for the rest of my life. Not that it wasn't already stuck in my head for the rest of my life. But now I've been reminded that it's there and now it'll play inside my head twice as often!

I don't really use Twitter for much of anything except to post URLs linked back to here and to read the handful of posts from people I find worthy of my time, like Andy Richter, Molly Manglewood, Vanessa Ramos, Scott Lobdell, and others. I currently have 58 followers and 5 of them are "famous." I put famous in quotation marks because most of them are comic book people: Steve Pugh, Ethan Van Sciver, Gail Simone, and Howard Porter. It's possible they're just indicative of how often people accidentally hit the follow button on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment