Thursday, February 4, 2016

Detective Comics #49


Come on, Jim. It's not that hard to learn to throw a boomerang.

Rating: No change.

There's a moment in this issue where Harvey begins spewing facts about Alan Shepard and I've never been more annoyed with him! I suppose it's a real thing where people memorize the most detailed and boring minutae of things they're interested in. I suppose that's a thing because I know people often aggravate me with their incessant details about shit so that I'm impressed by their knowledge. I'm glad I've never had a brain for that level of detailed memory of things. I'm way too smart for that! I spend all of my memory on insults to scream at nerds who won't stop vomiting lousy facts!

Maybe I'm just upset that my brain has never managed to hold onto detail very well. It remembers things in context when the memory is needed. Or it remembers tons of general shit about a lot of other general shit. Like I could tell somebody that Alan Shepard was the first American in space but I always forget that he was a chimpanzee. You'd think I'd remember that part because it's the more interesting piece of that story!

The theme of this story is be careful who you let live in your city because they might find an inappropriate outlet for their artistic installations and begin flooding the art scene with redundant garbage meant to shock and titillate the public.

No comments:

Post a Comment