Wednesday, February 3, 2016

We Are Robin #8


I only colored the bits I was interested in.

Rating: No change.

Let me tell you a story. No wait! Let me tell you two stories! One is about a kid who wants parents but doesn't have any. The other is a kid who has parents but doesn't like them. Then stuff happens and assholes feel sympathy for the kid who has parents and earnest people feel sympathy for the kid who doesn't have parents and they all lived happily ever after.

Maturity comes when one finally decides to take responsibility for themselves no matter how hard their life has been due to outside forces. Because it's either hide behind labels so that nobody can ever criticize you for any reason at all because then you get to point out how gross they are, or kill your parents with a gun and get on with your life. Wait. I think I mixed up the moral.

Maybe what I meant to say is that nobody can make you happy and a lot of things can make you angry but always being angry will definitely not make you happy. Angry, immature people will probably read the previous as a suggestion to give up fighting against cruelty and inhumanity. But take it from somebody who's never, ever had to struggle ever for anything for any reason. Hmm. I wasn't going to make that sentence a fragment. I was going to follow that up with the advice from that person but I can't find that person anywhere. All I know is that pursuing the things you want to pursue no matter what is the best way to battle the assholes of the world.

I think what this comic book was trying to say was "Be like Duke." Unless it was saying "Be like Smiley." It very well could have been suggesting that Smiley's way is the better way to be and Duke's way is smarmy and weak and annoying. I mean, Smiley is definitely going to be a much more interesting character which probably means we should all follow his example. I'm going to go check the air vents in my house now to see if I also have a problem solving tool stashed away somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment