Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Daredevil #6


Is this cover All Ages appropriate?!

The Review!
One thing I was thinking while reading Daredevil #6 was, "Why am I reading Daredevil?" The easy answer is because I fell in love with Charles Soule and decided to support him but I wish I would have known he was doing that Vision comic book too (although he isn't, dum-dum!). I think I would have liked that better than this one because even though Charles Soule is writing it (except he isn't! Tom King is!), I can't stop thinking, "Why am I reading Daredevil?" He's never really intrigued me. You might even say that between Daredevil and Nick Fury, they helped ruin Marvel Comics for me! They were the first comic books I discovered and I found them utterly boring. Maybe not Daredevil as much as Nick Fury. Imagine a little kid picking up a comic book called "Nick Fury, Agent of Shield." It may as well have read "Your Father's Friend, Tow Truck Driver" across the front. I remember one cover was just Nick Fury's face really big. At least he had an eye patch. Although if he hadn't had that eye patch, I probably wouldn't have been tricked into reading the comic book! All of the potential excitement was in the eye patch! And really, Daredevil wasn't much better. A blind lawyer? I'm eight years old and I'm supposed to find the adventures of a blind lawyer exciting? It's possible (and highly probable) I never even read their comic books anyway. I think there were a few Hulk books in the box of comics that I read and then gave up on them altogether. It's not like Hulk fought a bear or anything.

Another thing I thought while reading this comic book: Elektra has a kid? That may have spoiled the ending if nobody else also knew that Elektra had a kid either. Aside from that, it was a flaccid, mediocre experience. Charles Soule, you can do better.

No comments:

Post a Comment