Friday, January 6, 2012

Flash #2

I'm rating The Flash on Speed Force Points! These are points given for every speed/running/movement reference in the comic that isn't explicitly about speed/running/movement. It also scores a point for any little in-joke that only the reader understands in the context that Barry Allen is The Flash! POST UPDATE: I'm also adding points for ridiculous things The Flash does with his speed power! END UPDATE! Issue #1 scored 13. Let's see if we can beat it!

#0.5: Page Two. Does asking The Flash to count slowly count? I'll give it half a point!

#1: Page Four. I'm giving this next one another 1/2 point since it was used last issue. The name of this issue is 'Think Fast'.

#2: Page Five. Reference to the Cosmic Treadmill.



#3: Page Thirteen. License plate of car. It's been 8 pages so I have to give The Flash this one!



#4: Page Sixteen:



That's it? What kind of "ha ha we made another reference to his running" comic are we writing here? Is this an improvement in the DCnU? Only 4 Speed Force Points in a Flash comic?! I guess I should give this one another +3 for being so damn short. When did comics go to just 20 pages? It's like reading Cerebus!

So Issue #2 scores 7 Speed Force Points. That means it was taking itself a little more seriously! I think the lower the points, the better the story. But I'm warning you! You're messing with forces you can't comprehend when you change the whole tradition of writing Flash comics! You've been warned, Mr. Manapul!

POST UPDATE: I'm adding 3 Speed Force Points to this issue for The Flash's ridiculous ability to foresee the future just because he can think fast! So it earns 10!

Some Notes about the Issue:

It looks Villain of the Month Multi-man has decided to go with the name Mob Rule. It's stupid but who can argue with not wanting to keep the name Multi-man?

Also, Multi-man was being used in a military cloning experiment and it looks like they needed him and his parts to help keep the other clones alive. Lame! That's old hat, sirs! I liked my theory that maybe Multi-man had lost control over his clones and they decided to oust him from the group! Except I think I stole that from Red Dwarf where Rimmer creates Rimmer World. So maybe the military thing is fine.

Mario runs Central City's Iron Heights Prison:

No comments:

Post a Comment