Thursday, March 17, 2016

Telos #6


What the fuck?

Rating: -4 Ranking.

What just happened? I mean, I know the best thing that happened! This comic series just ended! But holy crows what a nonsensical ending! I'll admit it was refreshing to see a comic book end with the main character completely losing everything and being stranded in nowhere and having no future and never finding his family and crying himself to sleep in an empty crater. I didn't expect that! But the whole Parallax fighting to save a fake Coast City bit? Why even bother? Telos really lost control of his own title here! The cover should have read Parallax #1.

I get that this most likely wasn't the next intended chapter in the story and was just whipped up to offer some kind of closure after the cancellation. But that doesn't stop me from feeling completely perplexed by this entire Telos experience.

I feel a little bit bad that this comic book was so terrible and didn't tell any kind of interesting story at all. I wonder why DC thought it was an interesting idea? Was this just DC desperately wanting to believe that Convergence wasn't a complete failure? I mean, if I fixed a meal I thought was the best meal ever prepared and it gave everybody such horrible food poisoning that they vomited and shit themselves into a state of dehydration, I wouldn't proclaim it a success while trying to sell the recipe. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment