Monday, March 14, 2016

Catwoman #50


I didn't realize Catwoman's leathers were fireproof.

Rating: -1 Ranking.

I suppose for how convoluted the "Run Like Hell" story became, it's passable for a heist gone wacky story. The dialogue is for crap but the story allows Selina to get one over on Lex Luthor because it's her comic book. But forget that story. Let's talk about the back-up story, "Night at the Museum."

Was this a time travel story? Why did it take place fifteen years ago when the established timeline of The New 52/DC Youniverse is somewhere between six and nine years old? How old was Selina supposed to be in that story? Eight? By her looks, I'd say the minimum age she could have been was fifteen. So she's supposed to be thirty? I suppose that makes her age appropriate for Batman, right? Hell, Rebirth is coming so it doesn't matter anyway! The question I should be asking is "Why the fuck was this Origin of the Black Mask's Mask story in Catwoman?!" Even though I have no interest in more Black Mask stories, the next Catwoman story had better be about Catwoman and her relationship with this mask!

No comments:

Post a Comment