Thursday, March 10, 2016

Bombshells #10


Why is there a man on the cover? Ugh.

Rating: No change.

There was a moment in this issue where I found myself thinking, "I'm almost out of Swedish Fish." Which is to say I wasn't concentrating closely on the reading material. Which suggests I might have grown a bit bored with this story. Sure, the issue had my full attention when Selina was ripping off her dress or when she was kissing Kate and, presumably, cupping her pudenda, or when Zatanna's fantastic cleavage almost had its own double splash page. But overall, I felt a bit icky. I mean, I get that it's fun and sexy to rewrite World War II fought by a secret organization of Bombshells. But in another way, it's saying some things that feel disrespectful to the memories of those who suffered through the Nazi genocide. "If only an American with a baseball bat and legs up to her vagina (you know, like normal legs!) could have rallied the Jewish people to fight back against the Nazis! If only a Wondrous Woman could have inspired the German soldiers to reclaim their humanity through bravery and standing up against political and cultural forces to deny the evil of their leading regime! If only all of the victims had done something differently or had a better leader, maybe things would have turned out better! The whole thing kind of feels like blaming the victims of World War II for not having enough gumption and American rebelliousness to prevent the tragedies that befell them!

On the other hand, I don't really care about that shit. I just want more women using their fingers and tongues and toes on each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment