Monday, May 8, 2017

Suicide Squad #16


This comic book keeps insisting on artists whose work I have serious issues with: Jim Lee, John Romita Jr, and now Tony S. Daniel. Blarg!

The Review!
-1 Ranking. This issue was not entertaining. I did not learn anything interesting about Lex Luthor. I did not learn anything interesting about Amanda Waller. You might be wondering, "Did you expect to?" Well, no, not at first. But the way Williams wrote the story, it felt like he was trying to teach me something about them that he gleaned with his magnificent wisdom. Like how they're lonely and want to fuck each other, I think.

Amanda just wanted some kryptonite from Lex which he tried to give her on page two but she refused because she's apparently not as all-knowing and manipulative as she thinks she is. So instead of moving on to an entertaining story with the kryptonite in her pocket, she bores me for several more pages. Lex is particularly boring and cliché as he points out, as the smartest guy on Earth, that he already knows everything there is to know. No hiding any secrets from him! While Lex and Amanda bore me, the Suicide Squad attempt to burgle Lex's vault. The mission is successful if the mission was to get me to hate every single member of the team, even the ones I used to like. Enchantress shouts annoying Satanic-lite gibberish. Captain Boomerang complains about his arm lost in the teleportation process but never in any realistic way like screaming "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" or vomiting all over the place. Harley Quinn acts goofy and whimsically in a way that makes me wish I'd stopped reading this comic book five years ago. And Deadshot doesn't really do anything at all. I think. I don't really remember. Was he even in this? Maybe he wasn't in this the way Killer Croc and Katana, although on the cover, weren't in this.

The whole point of the story was for Amanda to get some kryptonite to stick into General Zod's head so that she can have a criminal Superman on her team. Because having beings of cosmic power worked out so well in her first version of Task Force X.

No comments:

Post a Comment