Friday, March 11, 2016

Batman and Robin Eternal #23



Rating: +1 Ranking.

This issue had two pieces of dialogue that made me laugh out loud. Both were delivered by Midnighter and directed at Dick Grayson. So it's obvious to me that we now need a monthly Midnighter Loves Dick book.

The main problem I'm currently having with this story (which is to say I'm ignoring all of the other previous main problems I've had with it) is that kids in twelve cities across the globe have, presumably, just murdered all of their parents. And if they have yet to murder anybody (which we should probably assume or else we're accepting a pretty major failure state from our heroes), the way to stop them is by sending exactly one hero to each of these cities to battle hundreds or thousands of children.

Okay, fine. The main thing the heroes are supposed to do is disable the receivers picking up the Somnus transmission. But they're doing it by way of punching a bunch of children in the face, if I'm to believe Midnighter's monitors.

You know what? Let's forget the possible holes in this plan and the horrible loss of life that has probably already occurred and let me ask this: who else is already thinking of Cullen as Midnighter's sidekick? I suggest the name "Past-His-Bedtime Boy".

No comments:

Post a Comment