Saturday, August 17, 2013

Worlds' Finest #15


That's the Desaad I remember! That's exactly what he looked like as a Super Powers Action Figure!

Here's another one of those fucked up covers with the wrong credits. It's the first thing I noticed because I think Power Girl just looks fantastic on this cover, so I checked the credits to see who this "Lupacchino" is. Turns out it's Emanuela Lupacchino and she also did the pencils while Guillermo Ortego and Jason Wright did the inking and coloring, respectively. If I were into patriarchal conspiracies, I'd claim DC did this on purpose because they were afraid that Fanboys wouldn't buy a comic book drawn by a woman! But since her art is obviously amazing, DC would be stupid not to print her name on the cover with a few extra exclamation points behind it.

Last issue, Helena was kidnapped by a Parademon and whisked through a Boom Tube. Power Girl followed. Luckily Boom Tubes seem to remain open until everybody that entered one end exits the other. Unluckily, moving through a Boom Tube most closely resembles a turd traveling through the colon.


How cute. The Parademons have an Abs Window. Maybe this is where The Huntress will get the idea for her Belly Window outfit.

While Power Girl beats up the Parademons while looking absolutely fabulous, The Huntress is being tortured by Desaad. Apparently the contraption Desaad wears on his person is used to collect Fearamones. I know. It sounds like some idiotic thing I would make up to poke fun at a comic book. I guess Desaad is a lot more whimsical than I would have expected of a guy from Apokolips. I think Desaad is a guy. I never knew Desaad's backpack with the handles was anything but stupid. Who knew it had a purpose?

Power Girl rampaging through Desaad's headquarters pisses him off, so he leaves The Huntress alone to go deal with Power Girl. Which means The Huntress has a chance to escape since she's the daughter of both Batman and Catwoman. The only way she'd be better at escaping is if she had a little Mister Miracle in her as well! Stop picturing that, you pervert!


Male or female, this is the only acceptable pose to strike after escaping from manacles. And I must say, Lupacchino draws a might fine pair of buttocks.

Some monstrous beast tries to prevent Helena from leaving but she easily kicks its ass. And then it offers its services to her. So is this how most job interviews go on Apokolips? "I'd like your job." POW! BAM! SLAM!

Now that Mahmud Asrar isn't working on Supergirl, I might have to give the new cutest DC hero to Emanuela's Power Girl! So the title really hasn't switched on a metaphysical level. I should probably give some evidence for my reasoning though.


Adorable. I especially like how she simply calls him "Desaad" instead of "Darkseid's mother fucking toady bitch."

Although the next line out of her filthy mouth is "Get your ass back to Mars Apokolips!"

The Huntress arrives to help out Karen defeat Desaad except that things just don't manage to go that way. Desaad steals some information from Power Girl's mind that will probably help him in his quest to get back to his partner, Darkseid. And then he Boom Tubes Karen and Helena away because they don't generate enough Fearamones at the moment. I find it acceptable that he doesn't kill them now when he has the chance even though I'd usually berate a villain for making this choice. But it's possible that Desaad needs their power to help him get back home and they're just not powerful enough yet. Perhaps Karen needs to soak up more Yellow Sun and Helena needs to eat a few more double meat burgers.

The issue ends with Huntress and Power Girl back home and Power Girl covered in cuts and scrapes. Her Supergirl outfit is also torn and ripped, so Desaad must have stolen some of its power when he stole some of Power Girl's power. He may have just drained her in much the same way she'd become drained under a Red Sun. I'm sure she just needs to go lay out by the pool for a bit and she'll be okay.

Worlds' Finest #15 Rating: +1 Ranking. There really wasn't much to this issue but I loved the new look, so I'm bumping it up in the ratings. I hope Emanuela sticks around on this title for a good while!

No comments:

Post a Comment