Saturday, July 9, 2016

Martian Manhunter #11


Mister Biscuits dies of diabetes.

The Review or Whatever!
This comic book is as confusing as The Sheriff of Babylon but I don't feel it's confusing because it's smarter than I am. I think this book is confusing because Martian Manhunter is too many people and there are too many characters and too many planets and too much time has passed since I read the last issue! That last part isn't Rob Williams' fault. It's the fault of my comic book company for not putting this issue in my subscription box. I think they secretly hate me!

I actually think everybody secretly hates me. And by that, I mean I know that everybody secretly hates me. Jerks.

This issue is called "Loving the Alien" because...oh hell. How should I know? I lost interest in this book back when everybody time traveled and Alicia became an adult and ancient Mars was now current Mars and the evil alien with all the apostrophes in his name returned! I thought maybe the inclusion of Etrigan and Constantine might get me back into it but their scene wasn't one I'll remember on my death bed as I look back and regret all of the time I wasted reading comic books. If I did remember it, I'd regret it! But I don't think it'll still be in my memory next week. Unless I've now cemented it into my memory banks by devoting this many sentences to describing how it wasn't memorable at all!

I guess the Martian Manhunters are getting closer to saving the Earth and the residents of Mars-That-Was. So that's what this issue was about. J'onn is closer to saving the world than he was at the end of Issue #10. But Mister Biscuits did indeed die from too many cookies falling out of his bag when he was stabbed through the heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment