Sunday, January 25, 2015

World's End #16


Who decided to cover up Power Girl's boob window? That's like three quarters of what makes her special.

I think I need to start wearing a monocle. My left eye has finally decided to show its age and it's really pissing off my right eye that still sees everything perfectly. Or maybe I can hire a really tiny person with a squeegee to constantly clean off my left eye. Maybe it just has some smudge on it! Although a monocle would be cooler! Maybe a monocle wearing a fedora and a cape? That's like triple cool, right?

The current state of Earth-2 is "not good."


Our avatars suck!

That tree with boobs still confuses me! I guess I want to have sex with a plant? It was good enough for Abby Arcane, right?

The Red Avatar has been freed from Desaad's Clowning Facility beneath Geneva, along with all of his face paint and juggling pins. But Superman sacrificed himself to free the Red Avatar. It's a good thing he was still alive so he could die to further the plot. What a hero. And just in time because Queen Lantern is the only Avatar still standing against the Four Horsewomen of Apokolips.

Val-el, Replacement Batman, Power Girl, and Tornado Lane continue to have the most boring conversations on any Earth in the multiverse. They have destroyed the firepits and stopped Apokolips from creating more Parademons. And Replacement Batman is apparently out of Miraclo because he's moved onto even harder drugs.


Miraclo is a gateway drug!

While Replacement Batman tries to get the bugs out from under his skin, Power Girl and Val-el bury Superman. Then Val-el says, "He was your like father and your family," which totally makes no sense. But English is his second language, so I should forgive him. Then Power Girl covers up her boob window with Superman's shield and everybody is happy. Except for everybody. Mostly nobody is happy.

The team finds a jet for Replacement Batman because nobody wants to carry him and then they head off to join the Avatar battle that has been waging since the beginning of this comic book.


I thought Azathoth was dead. And where did Yolanda the Red Avatar go?

As Solomon Grumpy notes, reading issue after issue of an evenly matched fight is exhausting. I understand that the battle needs to be paced so that it ends at the appropriate time in relation to the rest of the story but that just means the reader has to be subjected to issue after issue of the combatants just standing around thumbing their noses at each other. But I guess now that the Wonders are here, they'll show the Avatars how little they were actually needed to save the world.

With Tornado Lane's help, Solomon Grumpy finally overcomes Pestilence (at least for now!). And Val-el peacefully strips War of her powers (at least for now!). Death's water breaks so she yields (at least for now!). And Kara tells Helena how much she loves her and reminds her that they never got to have that shower scene in Worlds' Finest that everybody was waiting for (I said everybody!). And then the moment we've all been waiting for! Yawning and kicking our heels and rolling our eyes and trying not to fall asleep as we waited, but we were definitely waiting for it! The birth of death's baby!


Whoa. That can't be normal.

World's End #16 Rating: -1 Ranking. I'm so bored of this comic book! And what happened to the Red Avatar in that final battle?! I thought the Red Avatar was the hope that would help the other Avatars turn the tide? I guess I don't understand anything anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment