Sunday, April 19, 2015

Convergence: The Question #1


Am I remembering correctly? Renee was into hot stripper butt action, right?

I don't have anything insightful to say about Renee Montoya or her history as The Question or Greg Rucka as a writer. I read the collected "52" series years ago while not reading any other comics except trades of Fables and Walking Dead. So that series informed most of what I knew for a long time about DC Comics in the years I wasn't reading them. The only other thing I knew during those years was that the Green Lanterns kept getting sucked into one crossover after another and the series probably didn't pick up a new reader for six or seven years because it was so fucking convoluted.

Maybe I'm wrong about that. But what kind of fucking American would I be if I went around expressing wishy-washy opinions?! If you can't be intelligent, correct, well researched, or witty, be adamant! America!


This is the exact opposite summation about Gotham that we got from Roy Harper! Roy must live in a gentrified neighborhood.

Two-Face is currently kicking the shit out of three people guarding a safe in a pharmacy. The place has been cleaned out because I guess some people in Gotham (the middle class ones!) continued to pretend like nothing was wrong and kept going to work while other people (the poor ones!) robbed the shit out of everything and some people (the rich one!) continued to put on a bat suit and run around all night. I wonder how long it took for all of the condoms to be stolen? Does Planet Brainiac supply condoms because I feel like those are a necessity.

I bet Harvey Dent would be surprised to find out he's dead! That's another reason this universe needs to exist. That McKillallthethings girl hasn't quite caught on like she should have. Maybe she should start a gang with The White Rabbit. Holy shit! I'd read that comic book! Fuck it. I'm going to write that comic book. But I think I'll write it as a comic strip. And I'll probably just write like three strips. Who am I kidding? If I write and draw one strip, I'll be surprised.

Maybe Renee Montoya could be part of their gang. The Question, Two-Face, and the White Rabbit. I can call the comic "What's up, Doc?" Is Erin a doctor because the name doesn't really work otherwise.

Speaking of Renee, she's getting help from Two-Face. Probably because between the two of them, that makes two faces! Well, not right now it doesn't. But you know what I mean!


I guess something happened to her dad!

Montoya delivers the morphine to the hospital and her father gets the first dose because fuck all the children that probably need it. She risked her life and, more importantly, had to look at the gross half of Two-Face's face to secure the drugs.

Renee is living with Helena Bertinelli. Not the Helena Bertinelli that wants to be smothered by Dick Grayson's ass! That's the reboot version. This is the one that is the other one! She's concerned that Renee is working with Two-Face.


So she keeps asking the only real question too? "Who am I?!" I guess The Question only manifests in insecure hosts.

As The Question, Renee goes out to visit Two-Face who is undergoing his ritual of making one of the most important decisions that a teenager can make. Of course he lets his coin decide and it, once again, decides he shouldn't shoot himself in the good half of his face. He'll have to wait until Barry Allen fucks up the timeline before his coin will fall the other way.

Harvey's coin has been coming up non-scarred side ever since the dome covered the city. I guess probability has taken a turn toward the predictable here on Planet Brainiac. Or maybe Planet Brainiac is just providing Harvey with what he needs. If you always know the coin is going to come up heads, doesn't that mean you're in control of every question you ask it? I suppose that would be true if he didn't project the good choice on to the non-scarred side and the evil choice onto the scarred side. So really he's just been forced to be a good man for the last year.

And then the voice speaks and Harvey decides he's ready to take part in Multiversal Thunderdome and he wants to lose. He flips his coin, it lands scarred side up (or he pretends it does and makes his own decision because he's free of the dome), and knocks Renee out. She comes to later with The Huntress standing over her with an "I told you so" and a surprise. She brought a friend to help stop Harvey.


This issue just went Teen Plus!

Convergence: The Question #1 Rating: "One inevitable conclusion"? Three way, right? Is that the inevitable conclusion? That's the inevitable conclusion I'm always looking forward to. Convergence: The Titans #2 will be Roy, Kory, and Donna in a big naked heap. Convergence: Superman #2 will be Lois, Superman, and Flashpoint Superman in The Phantom Bone. Convergence: Speed Force #2 will wind up with Fastback, Barry, and Diana performing a three way quickie. The other titles I don't believe will have three way sex at all. They're all going to have four way sex! Two Hawkmen, Nightwing, and Oracle. Steph, Cass, Tim, and Catman. Batman, his son, Red Hood, and Scarlet. Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, Catwoman, and Captain Carrot. Aquaman, Mera, Zatanna, Supergirl, Jesse Quick, Congorilla, Jade, and Vixen. Oh! I'm looking forward to that one the most!

No comments:

Post a Comment